A simplified version of something my friend built. It helps me to keep all my welding supplies together also.
The headers are in. The passenger side is hitting the transmission oil pan. And they hang down too far…
I had to go to Barrow for work, so I found some time to stop and spend some time with it.
It looks like a chair to me! And I have no idea why there are two sets of levers.
And here is a side view of my new toy:
A friend and I just went in on this Bombardier Muskeg in Barrow Alaska.
Now we need to get it here…
A Chevy 305 with a TH400 have replaced the Perkins 4.236 it came with:
The drive sprockets don’t look too bad:
I am installing 3/16 x 2.5 flat stock around the frame situated so it will be level with and also protect the edge of the tile.
I have finished the first piece around the base. I sanded it with my DA sander, cut to length, and using a hacksaw cut part way through where each bend should be.
I then used lots of clamps and scrap steel to spread the clamping out and go to welding. Here is the result:
And a close up:
I don’t quite have enough to finish the top and side so I will pick some up tomorrow.
I have finished my frame. The steel shop ran out of 2×2 so I got some 1.5×1.5 and used it where I could. I used some of the scraps for extra bracing.